Tagged News Items
- Congratulations UCB performers nominated for 2014 American Comedy Awards
- Paste Magazine names Aziz Ansari, Anthony Jeselnik amongst "Best Stand-Up Specials of 2013"
- UCB performers named amongst Paste Magazine's "20 Best Comedians of 2013"
- Aziz Ansari, Anthony Jeselnik named amongst AV Club's "Best Comedy Albums and Specials of 2013"
- Aziz Ansari to write book on modern romance
- UCBT performers on Complex's list of "Funny People Who Should Get Their Own TV Shows"
- Forbes honors Aziz Ansari & Kate McKinnon on 30 under 30 listing
- Congratulations UCBT performers nominated for 2012 Comedy Awards
- Aziz Ansari on cover of Los Angeles magazine
- Aziz Ansari cover story in Complex
- GQ India names Aziz Ansari one of The 50 Most Influential Global Indians
- Aziz Ansari in new trailer for "30 Minutes or Less"
- Amy Poehler named in The Time 100: The World's Most Influential People
- Aziz Ansari cover story in Paper Magazine
- AV Club names UCBT performers amongst "The best comedy albums of 2010"
- Splitsider names UCBT performers amongst Comedy's 17 Favorite Comedians
- Dave Ferguson, Mike Mitchell, Chelsea Peretti speak on writing for MTV Movie Awards
- Mandate picks up project to star Aziz Ansari; Harris Wittels to write
- Aziz Ansari profiled in Nylon Guys
- Aziz Ansari featured in Back Stage
- Congratulations UCBT performers on Comedy Central's Hot List 2009
- Judd Apatow and Universal Pictures pick up a trio of comedy pitches from Aziz Ansari
- LA Times spotlights UCBT performers "Funny People on the Way Up"
- UCBT performers on The Hollywood Reporter's "Ten Rising Comedy Talents"
- UCBT performers hit talk show circuit
- Aziz Ansari on cover of LA Weekly
- UCB Theatre Performers & Alumni Continue To Find Television Success
- Metromix names James Adomian, Aziz Ansari, Josh Fadem & Charlyne Yi "Comedy Crushes of 2009"
- Entertainment Weekly spotlights UCBT performers as future stars of comedy
- UCBT alum Aziz Ansari hired for Office spinoff
- congratulations UCBT performers named Variety's 10 Comics to Watch
- congratulations to UCBT performers named 2006 USCAF jury award winners
- UCBT, Aziz Ansari, Brett Gelman, Nick Kroll in New York Times feature on alternative comedy
- Aziz Ansari named on Time Out's list of "25 New Yorkers to Watch in 2006"
- Aziz Ansari, Dorff & Gausas, Demetri Martin, Charlie Todd amongst "Ten Funniest New Yorkers You've Never Heard Of"
Aziz Ansari stars as Tom Haverford, the self-serving colleague of Leslie Knope (series star Amy Poehler) in NBC's comedy "Parks and Recreation." Aziz Ansari has quickly established his presence in the comedy world. Ansari also recently wrapped a much buzzed about gig as the host of the 2010 MTV Movie Awards.
Ansari is also keeping busy in the film world and recently wrapped production on the MRC and Red Hour action comedy "30 Minutes or Less" opposite Danny McBride and Jesse Eisenberg. Mandate Pictures also recently picked up a comedy feature pitch by Ansari and Matt Hubbard, which he will also star in alongside Danny McBride. Additionally, Ansari is developing three films for Judd Apatow and Universal with director Jason Woliner. The collaboration with Apatow began on Universal's "Funny People," where Ansari created the popular character of 'Raaaaaaaandy,' who went on to become a viral hit on FunnyOrDie.com.
Ansari also appears in "Get Him to the Greek" alongside Russell Brand, Jonah Hill and Sean 'Diddy' Combs, as a co-worker of Hill's character. He has had roles in the hit comedies "I Love You, Man" and "Observe and Report."
This past January, Ansari released an hour-long standup special on Comedy Central titled, "Intimate Moments for a Sensual Evening." Ansari has also become a regular on the late night circuit with recent memorable appearances on "The Late Show with David Letterman," "The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien," and "Jimmy Kimmel Live."
Ansari first came to audiences attention on MTV's hit sketch comedy series "Human Giant." The series is based around short films starring Ansari, along with Rob Huebel and Paul Scheer. Many of their sketches have become Internet sensations and have popularized the trio with young people all across the US.