UCBTLA 2012 Harold Team AuditionsUCBTLA HAROLD TEAM AUDITIONS
The Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre Los Angeles is holding auditions for placement on new Harold Teams.
AUDITIONS will be held on Friday, November 9th, in the late afternoon through the evening, and on Saturday, November 10th, in the morning and early afternoon.
CALLBACKS will be held on the evening of Sunday, November 11th.
All Auditions and Callbacks will be held at the new Meta Theater space: 7817 Melrose Avenue (entrance actually on Melrose).
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO AUDITION
In order to audition, you must meet one of the following three requirements:
1) You must be approved for Advanced Study Courses by the UCB Training Center AND you must have successfully completed a UCB course since October 1st, 2011.* (If you are uncertain as to whether or not you're approved for Advanced Study, please visit this page to see how to apply to the Advanced Study program and learn your status:http://losangeles.ucbtrainingcenter.com/advanced.)
2) You must be a former member of a UCBTLA or UCBTNY Harold Team.
3) You must currently be enrolled in an Improv 401 class that is still in session.
*NOTE: We make the "successful completion of a UCB course over the past year" a requirement because we want to know that if someone auditioned last year and didn't get on a team, that they have made an effort to continue their development as an improviser over the past year. However, we recognize that there are ways other than taking a UCB course to further your development. Therefore, if you are approved for Advanced Study, but you have NOT successfully completed a UCB course since October 1st, 2011, you may include a note in your submission explaining how you have furthered your training and stayed active as an improviser over the past year, and we will take that into consideration.
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR AN AUDITION
• Send an email to [email protected] by 11:59pm on Saturday, October 27th. In the body of the email, please include:
• Your name, email address, and phone number.
• Your availability for November 9th and 10th.
• The names of any other auditioning improvisers with whom you would like to be placed in a group for the first round of auditions -- no guarantees we can accommodate every request, but we will do our best.
• A list of other improv teams you are on (indie teams, 3-on-3 teams, practice groups). List should include team names, team members, coaches, and a list of shows/venues where your team has performed. If you are a former UCBTLA or UCBTNY Harold Team member, make mention of that.
• For applicants who ARE approved for Advanced Study but HAVEN'T completed a UCB course over the past year, please include a note explaining how you have furthered your training and stayed active as an improviser over the past year.
• And please ATTACH your headshot and acting resume to the email.
We will contact everyone selected to audition with an audition time by Wednesday, October 31st. We will try to see everyone who submits; however, if we need to narrow it down, priority will be given to students who are Approved for Advanced Study and have successfully completed a UCB course since October 1st, 2011.
• On the day of the audition, improvisers will be seen every 20 minutes in groups of 8.
• Auditioners do not need to prepare anything in advance. The audition will be entirely improvised.
• PLEASE ARRIVE AT LEAST FIFTEEN MINUTES PRIOR TO YOUR SCHEDULED AUDITION TIME.